Contract Type: Permanent
Contract Hours: Full Time
Remuneration: £40,000/yr – £45,000/yr
Location: Kings Cross, London, United Kingdom
Global Government Forum is looking for an experienced journalist to lead the creation and publication of content for GGF’s audience of public and civil servants.
Global Government Forum is a fast-growing media company with a unique mission: helping leaders across national public sector organisations to learn from the work of their peers in other countries, and to build links with fellow civil servants in other countries.
We do this through our range of channels – publication on www.globalgovernmentforum.com, daily news and analysis newsletters, in-person events attended by some of the top government officials in the world, webinars bringing together international policy experts, and exclusive research with our unrivalled community public and civil servants.
We are looking for an experienced journalist to join our team to lead the generation of content on the Global Government Forum website in an initial 10-month maternity leave contract.
The key elements of this role are writing, commissioning and editing content for www.globalgovernmentforum.com, including the creation of content for the Global Government Women’s Network, and working on the development of new editorial projects for an audience of public sector professionals.
The editor reports to the executive editor on editorial and production matters; but they also work closely with the director on new projects, and with sales and events colleagues as required.
This post is based at Global Government Forum’s in Kings Cross in London. However, there is potential for the right candidate to work from home for a proportion of their time.
- Writing, commissioning and editing news, features, interviews and analysis for www.globalgovernmentforum.com, the website for public servants around the world
- Uploading and publishing content through GGF’s WordPress content management system, and using search engine and social media optimisation techniques to ensure it reaches the largest possible audience
- Creating content for the Global Government Women’s Network, including identifying content and contributors, and writing a monthly email to network members
- Tracking visitor numbers and behaviour, and adapting editorial content to attract GGF’s target audiences
- Developing and strengthening GGF’s global network of freelance journalists, and building a robust content pipeline by securing interviews and contributed articles
- Contributing to the research, planning and management of editorial projects including GGF webinars and podcasts
- Contributing to the development and production of GGF events and research, as well as business planning and content delivery
- Representing Global Government Forum at GGF events, including panel moderation, and reporting for GGF from events and conferences
Required skills and behaviours
- Editing and writing news, interviews and features for a specialist or professional audience
- Publishing regular content on a website
- Excellent sub-editing, querying and fact-checking skills
- Strong research skills
- Ability to work closely with colleagues in a small team
- Ability to work unsupervised to a high standard of quality
- Interest in the operation of government and the wider public sector
- Good ideas generation and commercial awareness
- A high standard of written English
- Ability to drive social media engagement
- Experience in search engine optimisation practices
- Creative approach to engaging audiences
- Ability to research and present actionable data
- Strong communication and collaboration skills (additional languages desirable)
- Interest in public policy and the work of governments
- Experience in developing content for an international audience
- Commissioning freelancers and organising interviews
- Researching new markets, and contributing to editorial product development
- Good contacts in politics, government and public service delivery
- A knowledge of public sector management and service delivery issues, and of the operation of democratic government(s)
Please send your CV and a covering letter to explaining why your experience, skills and knowledge make you the right person for this job to Richard Johnstone, Executive Editor, Global Government Forum, email: [email protected], by 31 January 2024.
About Pendragon International Media
Pendragon International Media, the publisher of Global Government Forum, is a fast-growing small business that helps senior civil servants around the world to meet policy, management and service delivery challenges by building their skills, knowledge and connections.
Closing date: 31 January 2024, or before if the right candidate is found.