Contract Type: Permanent
Contract Hours: Full Time
Remuneration: £30,000/yr – £35,000/yr
Location: Kings Cross, London, United Kingdom
Pendragon International Media Ltd are looking for an energetic and experienced operations professional to join our growing events team and help deliver a portfolio of exhibitions, conferences and summits across our two media brands: Global Government Forum and Global Government Fintech, with events taking place in the UK and internationally.
We are specialists in data, digital publishing, events, research, content creation and marketing advice. Supporting our customers to improve their business, through stronger relationships with their target markets. This is a very exciting time to join the company in a newly created role, offering the right candidate opportunity to develop and help shape the events team as we grow.
Reporting to the Head of Event Delivery and working within our team of event specialists, you will work collaboratively with the extended teams and other disciplines within the company to ensure the seamless delivery of the events.
- Ensure events are delivered on time and within budget, costs are reviewed regularly, and budgets kept up to date throughout the event cycle.
- Create, maintain and issue the operations manual, and be the main point of contact for exhibitors throughout each event cycle.
- Liaise with venues and suppliers to organise a well-planned and smoothly executed event.
- Manage, maintain, and circulate floorplans, and compile accurate exhibitor lists.
- Assist with Management of Contractors both pre-show and on-site, including circulation of up-to-date exhibitor lists and floor plans.
- Provide proactive communications to the wider team to ensure all are kept up to date with event developments.
- Work with the wider team to manage and update event websites on an ongoing basis.
Required skills and experience:
- At least three years’ experience of operations within the exhibition / events industry (2 years minimum in an operational role in exhibitions/conferences)
- Able to manage multiple large events simultaneously; prioritise and manage your own workload to ensure all deadlines are met
- Highly adaptable and a problem solver, with flexibility to travel internationally (as well as across the UK) as necessary
- Evidence of success in building and managing positive relationships with high level stakeholders
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to present and explain management information clearly, to a variety of audiences
- Strong budgeting skills
- Organisational awareness, with the ability to operate with confidence and credibility across all functions of the company
This role is based in vibrant Kings Cross, London and includes regular international travel. There will be a formal interview process following conversations via video-call or phone. Suitable candidates will be asked to provide evidence of relevant experience.
Please send your CV and a short covering letter, explaining why your skills, experience and interests make you the right person for the job to Brett Alderton-Green at [email protected]
Closing date: 23 December 2023, or before if the right candidate is found.